Thursday, August 6, 2015

EMPIRE'S LIST: 100 Best Films in World Cinema

I recently discovered a list that Empire Magazine made several years ago: 100 Best Films in World Cinema

Obviously, this list is exploding with movie nerd controversy.  (Just look at the comments section)

Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of ranking films (or books).  How does one compare SPIRITED AWAY with BATTLE ROYAL?  Is SOLARIS ranked at #68 because it's just slightly better than RING, which is ranked at #69?

Anyway, enough with my grumpy old man-like complaining.  What I've been trying to do recently is promote movies that people might normally overlook (myself included).  There are many here that I've never heard of and I'd be surprised if I'd seen a third of the films on this list.  However, many will definitely be appearing in future entries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment